Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Priyamani shares winning experience

Priya Mani received the National award for the best Actress for a brilliant performance in Parutthi Veeran. Having heard the news of her win, Priya Mani is on cloud nine. Speaking about how she felt on getting the award, the pretty actress says, “The entire credit goes to my director Ameer sir who had immense faith in me. I am grateful to him for giving me this offbeat role and for his vision. He believed he could bring out the best in me and he moulded me accordingly.”

She adds, “Everybody said my performance was worth a national award, although I was apprehensive. I know that there are several contenders aiming for this honor. In fact, I was just glad to be nominated.” So has the film taken her to a different plane altogether?? Pat comes Priya’s reply, “ Of course, it has. It gave me recognition as an artiste and when I received the best actress award at the Osian Film Festival, people across the nation took notice.”

However, the actress feels a little blue and says, “Despite Parutthi Veeran being a mass entertainer and having proved my worth in commercial films like Malai Kottai, I haven’t had an opportunity to work with top actors like Vijay, Vikram and Suriya among others. I am clueless about it even to this day.” “All said and done, the award has given me a greater sense of responsibility and I will be more selective in future,” she adds.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com