Friday, September 19, 2008

I Don't Believe In Luck: Bhumika


Bucking the normal trend that married actresses have to sacrifice their career, Bhumika is busier now in Tollywood. Post her marriage, she has been getting meatier roles. After wowing the audiences with Anasuya, she comes up with another film that revolves around her. Mallepuvvu, directed by V Samudra and penned by Ramesh Varma, is the latest from the actress and it is getting released on September 19th. Here she talks about it and much more.

The name Bhumika brings to mind a distinct personality full of self-confidence, thanks to all the different roles that you'd donned on the silver screen. Would you attribute it to your luck, or is it the care you had taken?
I don't believe in luck! It should have been totally because of the care taken in choosing my roles, and in etching such roles.

How did the Mallepuvvu-like tender Bhumika get a chance to work in Mallepuvvu? How did you agree to work with a new hero?
Ramesh Varma came and told me the story, and I liked it instantly and okayed it right away. This story requires a new face for a hero! When I saw Muralikrishna, I thought he was an apt choice for the film.

You've already reached a certain height as an actress. What new lessons or experience did you gain from Mallepuvvu?
Mallepuvvu is a film made with a team which is very talented and creative. The film has superb music by Illayaraja too. Mallepuvvu has the best music and the best story among all my films. Lessons... hmmm, I can't think of any new lessons that I learnt.

Telugu film heroines generally tend to step out of the film glitz after marriage. But you seem to have become busier now.
I came to such a stage with great difficulty. When so many married women still continue their job, why can an actress not do the same? I want to strive hard even after marriage, and I am doing it still.

You've acted with several old and new heroes. Who's your favorite hero? Do you aspire to act with any particular hero?
All heroes are my friends. I didn't act with Prabhas, Uday Kiran, Tarun, etc. and I could. But, I wish to act in a film with Rajnikanth!

Your role in Swagatham was good but short. Yet you said to have accepted it because it would be a good role in your career. What's your comment on its poor fare?
I did the film because I liked it a lot. It was only later that I knew that Telugu audience don't generally watch negative sentiments. Still, I am happy that I acted in that film. And, it was not a flop - it was an average film really!

What encouragement does the actress Bhumika get from the poetess in you?
Nothing can dominate my performance as an actress... except probably as a director in future.

What brought the aspiring poetess that you are into acting? And, lately, it's heard that Bhumika would be a producer and even a director like you just said. Do you have any plan to pen a script?
Acting is just my profession. If I were not an actress, I'd have been successful in that profession. I cannot stay even one moment of my life without doing something. I would pen the story only when I direct. I don't have any other intention except that I cannot concentrate on stories when I am not directing.

Would you involve or intervene in the story, direction, or other departments when you work for a film?

I would intervene, you could say! Once I listen to the story, I don't agree for any changes to be made. Once I okay a film, there'd be no more interference!

Would you act in any role that's completely different from your off-screen personality?
I actually want to! My role in Mallepuvvu is somewhat like that indeed, but I want to do more such roles! I want to do a role with negative shades too.

When can we expect a film under your direction? Would you continue to be a heroine then? Who is your idol?
Two years later... As far as inspiration goes, I have a long list of people, I could say!

No comments:

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com