Monday, September 22, 2008

Priyamani Thoughts On Winning The National Award


Bangalore girl Priyamani is on a roll. After winning the National Award for the best actress for Paruthiveeran, there has been no looking back for the young actress. Not many are aware that Priyamani didn’t even know the story of Paruthiveeran when she accepted the role. “Except for Ponvannan sir, who played my father’s role, none of the actors knew the story of the film. They only knew their parts,” reveals she. It was only when she saw her name on the invitation on the day of the muhurtam she realised that she is the leading lady of the movie. She admits, she was blown away by the movie when she saw parts of it for the first time while dubbing for it.

The movie was also the launch pad for Karthik, the younger brother of heart-throb Surya and the son of the living legend Sivakumar. “Karthik is a fantastic co-star. He has no attitude at all. He is so professional that it didn’t seem like he was facing the camera for the first time,” exclaims she.

How difficult was it for the hardcore city girl to deglamourise herself for the role of Muthalagu, a village belle? “Initially, it was difficult but the villagers were so hospitable. They let us use their houses in between shoots and made us feel so welcome.”

What was her first reaction when she heard that she had won the National Award? “I was half asleep actually,” laughs she. “My dad woke me up to tell me about it. Since it was unofficial at that time, I didn’t believe it.”
It’s not been a smooth sailing for Priyamani. Her first film Kangalal Kaithu Sei proved to be a damp squib at the box office. So was Balu Mahendra’s Adu Oru Kana Kalam that followed. She also worked in Telugu and Malayalam film industry. Did she ever feel like giving up?

“Yes, it was difficult. There were times when I was at home for six to eight months. Then my dad asked me to set a target. He told that I should give myself a year wherein if I don’t get good movies, I should move to some other field,” reveals she. Fortunately, for Priyamani and her fans, Paruthiveeran happened that year and as they say the rest has been history.

Now, Priyamani has a lot in her kitty. “I am working in Armugam directed by Suresh Krishna with Bharat and Ninaithale Inikkum, which is a remake of the Malayalam movie Classmates and a Telugu film Drona (not to be confused with the Abhishek Bachchan-starrer).” Priyamani is even working in Mani Ratnam’s new project Ravana with Aishwarya Rai and Vikram. “I am a part of the Tamil version,” clarifies she. Is Bollywood also beckoning? She is quick to answer, “If I get a good offer then why not.”

With grandmom Kamala Kailas and aunt Malgudi Shubha being popular singers, will audience see Priyamani sing in future? “I can hold a tune,” admits she.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com