Thursday, March 26, 2009

I don’t mind dancing in reality shows: Tabu

She had heads turning at the Filmfare Awards ceremony when she walked down the red carpet in a backless gown.The rest couldn’t help but speculate how Seasons Greetings will be a celebration of Tabu in a glam avatar. So, is the actor, who has been described as the quintessential ‘Indian silhouette’, going for a makeover?

There is a change, she admits, though it isn’t any ‘overnight makeover’. “I used to find make-ups a little tedious. Now, I’m more relaxed and I let my stylist do her thing. I haven’t lost weight but have started understanding my body structure and strengths. With the accent on appearances, my only requirement is that I should wear what suits me. I can’t wear balloon dresses just because they are a trend. Neither would I wear leather pants and jackets nor for that matter, two pigtails! Now,

I know what looks best on me,” she insists. By her own admission, cotton saris are inherently hard-wired into the system of the Indian woman, though she looks equally good in skirts and jeans. “The trend of wearing gowns goes well with me,” she says.Not just the accent on her looks, Tabu is also open to participating in reality shows! “Why not? People might find it

hard to imagine but I’m open to dancing at reality shows with others judging me!” That sure comes as a surprise though what oesn’t is her indifference towards Bollywood’s fetish for owning cricket teams. “That’s not my cup of tea. I neither have the skill nor the inclination,” she insists.

She’d rather concentrate on doing a lot more in contemporary cinema. “I’ve enjoyed
first-time directors’ films, including, A Wednesday and Khosla Ka Ghosla. With changing audience tastes, women don’t have to play the sacrificing or accommodating characters any longer. The roles have some iota of strength, though I see no point in championing only for woman-oriented cinema,” she says.

Recession, of course, will impact the scale of films being made. “The industry has gone through a churning process. The reasons for making films were suddenly changing. There was limitless money. From media and crossover films to multiplexes — everything was happening in excess. Depth and clarity of vision were missing. Of course, the film industry is about projections but everything seemed to be about the outer package. Today, we’ve come a full circle. A correction is happening

and everybody has come to an understanding about where they stand,” she says, adding, “With the world opening up to Indian actors, we are finding a bridge to connect globally.”

Where quality is a benchmark for Tabu’s films, a good script or a great director isn’t enough to get her nod for a project. “There must be something in the film for me to take back home. Being glam is just part of my character in SG. My role has different shades. Do Baat Pakki, with its ensemble cast, will see me doing comedy after a long time.” For someone who has
been groomed in the school of acting that doesn’t require rehearsals, how does she fit into the process of attending workshops? “My work starts after the camera has been switched on. Certain things, including the comfort level with other
actors, can be sorted out at workshops. But in my case, a workshop doesn’t add or take away anything from my performances.”

On the personal front, she’d love to make a trip to both Kolkata and Hyderabad. “Since I was busy in Mumbai, I had rented out my house in Hyderabad to close friends of Nag (Nagarjuna). Now that the lease is almost over, I hope to return to stay there.

It’s been a while since I came down to Kolkata. I’m longing to spend some quality time in the city.” For some time at least, before the camera beckons her back to action.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com