Friday, October 10, 2008

Amrita Rao enjoys being Hussain's muse


Renowned painter M.F. Hussain has praised Amrita Rao 's role in the film Welcome To Sajjanpur and plans a series of paintings based on it. Amrita laughs and says, "Yes he has watched it three times and any film which portrays Indian culture appeals to him. He liked Vivaah too. I was apprehensive about this film because it was in stark contrast to Vivaah. There I was educated, hailing from a good background. Here my role was diametrically opposite. I am uneducated in the film. Since Hussain saab was born and brought up in Kolhapur, he was pleased to see me as a potter in the film. He is fond of pottery. His first film Ghajagamini was based on pottery. After 11 years, he has declared me his next muse and that's the biggest compliment I have ever got in my life. He has immortalised me on his canvas. When I look back at my career, this is certainly going to be one of the landmark features in my profile."
Practically all of Shyam Benegal's films have won National Awards. Amrita hopes Sajjanpur will be the next. "My greatest award was given by Shyam Benegal himself. I more than met his expectations and the role has been special to me. I had to take up a lot of challenges and I have enjoyed the process of living Kamla. Getting a National Award will be a dream come true. It's one of the biggest awards and which actor would not like to be nominated? Sajjanpur was a commercial hit and it stands a good chance for the award," she says.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com