Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shriya says it really hot


The image “http://www.andhrastudio.com/linkimages/Shriya.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

South is all for fuller figures, while size zero has caught Bollywood’s fancy...

The scene is changing down South. Size zero is also pretty cool. It all depends on what suits an individual. Those who lead a life under the arclights, need to be conscious of how they look, without looking unhealthy that is.

Having delivered a couple of hits down South, you are all set to climb the Bollywood ladder. How different are the two industries?

Is there supposed to be any difference in the first place? End of the day, what these industries churn out is Indian cinema. Maybe the flavour changes a little with the variation in language, but there isn’t any major difference as such.

How was the experience of shooting for Deepa Mehta’s What’s Cooking?

This is the first time that I’m working with Deepa Mehta and all I can tell you is that we had a blast on the sets. Before every scene, the actors would also be asked to improvise beyond the scene and that helped us go the extra mile. My co-star, Seema Biswas, was also inspiring, to say the least.

How did the Hollywood film, The Other Side Of The Line happen?

It’s a simple story — director Ashok Amritraj had seen Sivaji: The Boss and gave me the script of his film to read. I liked it and took it up. We are through with the shooting and here too, I must mention, I had a great team to work with. In fact, I wouldn’t mind more such Hollywood projects coming my way.

If there’s a remake of Sivaji in Bollywood, who do you think would aptly play the lead?

Me, of course!

No, we meant the protagonist...

Oh, okay. Well, the movie is already getting dubbed in Hindi, why break my head over it?

Out-and-out commercial films like Ek, or parallel cinema like What’s Cooking — take your pick.

Ek is a commercial venture no doubt, but it wouldn’t be a good idea to categorise What’s Cooking, which is an entertaining flick with a strong message. In fact, I would like to dabble with both genres.

You are considered a Southern hottie, would you be able to live up to your hot quotient in the Mumbai tinselville?

This is something I really wouldn’t know. Let time decide.

Do you see competition in B-town?

I’m not here to compete.While Bollywood actors are flaunting their love bites err relationships, those from South are known to be more conservative‘Traditional’ would be a better word to use in this context. And I see no harm in guarding one’s private life. In fact, I wouldn’t like to flaunt my man, if ever I fall in love.

What does ‘if’ stand for?

That I’m single and ready to mingle.

Could you have resolved the Tirumala incident, where you slapped an errant fan, with Gandhigiri?

Well, there’s nothing that cannot be resolved with Gandhigiri. But what’s the harm in standing up for your rights?

The man was constantly shooting lewd comments at me and I couldn’t have tolerated more. I don’t even think that I went overboard.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Wonderful!!!
Have a nice day.

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com