Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mamata mohandas to direct SUPER STAR ?


The image “http://www.andhrastudio.com/linkimages/Mamatha.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

She arrived with a bang with her very first film Sivapadhikaram opposite Vishal in Tamil. However, Tollywood beckoned her and she became a sensation in Telugu as well.
She was an instant hit as a singer and became a household name even before the release of her debut film Yama Donga. After a long gap she has now signed a Tamil film with Madhavan called Guru En Aalu.

Q Why this gap after your sensational start in Kollywood with Sivapadhikaram?
I got lot of offers after Sivapadhikaram. In fact, right from Veyyil, I have been getting offers in Tamil. I was committed to a Telugu film Yama Donga, which took eight months to complete. Moreover, I take a break after each film’s release.


Q Heard you are directing Rajinikanth in Kuselan. How did you bag this offer?
I can’t reveal that. Yes, I play a co-director to a director in Kuselan. I was thrilled when I got a call from the producers asking if I would be interested to do an important role in Kuselan. This happened while I was shooting for the Malayalam film Mussafir in Dubai. It was a great opportunity to share the screen with Rajinikanth. Sneha, Khushboo and others play themselves in the film. I have completed a seven-day schedule and my role is different. I am also singing a song which will probably be shot on Nayan.

Q How did your singing stint happen?
I am trained in classical music. I have always had the habit of humming snatches of some song or the other. Devi Sri Prasad heard me one day and asked me whether I would be interested in singing. That’s how the title song of Rakhee happened. After that, I sang for Jagadam, Shankar Dada Yama Donga and the last two were picturised on me. I consider it lucky to sing for my own films as it enables me to emote in my own voice, since I am familiar with the situation.

Q Is it true that Devi Sri Prasad has a soft corner for you and he promotes you ever so often?
(Laughs) Yes, I too have heard these rumours. People started spreading rumours when my first song composed by Devi was a big hit. It is fun working with him. We share a professional relationship and nothing beyond that. Right now, I am concentrating on my work and have no time or inclination for anything else. The
song would have been a hit even if some other singer sang it. I am the topic of gossip only because I happen to be an actress.

Q You seem to have no qualms in wearing revealing outfits?
I think you are referring to a few scenes in Homam. Actually, I was upset when they suddenly narrated the scene after I reached the sets. However, they did not force me. I requested for a few changes in the costume. I am not averse to doing glam roles. One can look sexy even in a sari.

Q How was it working with Madhavan in Guru En Aaalu?
I was acquainted with Madhavan even before I got my break in films. I am a big fan of his.

No comments:

Disclaimer

Content, photos and Links are used from the Internet & its Resources. http://www.telugumovieslatest.blogspot.com/ only points to various news links on the internet that already exist.Author wont take responsible for any controversis over news articles,gossips as articles are directly lifted from other sites. If you wish to remove an article please contact author by EMAIL @ ravivarma4all@gmail.com